For US Healthcare Professionals Only
NIOX VERO® is designed to make FeNO testing as simple as inhaling and exhaling. Help diagnose patients, optimise treatment, reduce exacerbations, uncover non-adherence to Inhaled Corticosteroids (ICS), all in one breath.1
The first ever commercial FeNO device
First point-of-care FeNO test
Introducing the breathing handle
NIOX VERO® is more than a FeNO device
A true milestone for asthma patients
FeNO levels are interpreted worldwide with cut-off points from ATS guidelines. Those cut-off points were derived from studies where 83% of patients used NIOX® technology to measure their FeNO levels.2,3
NIOX® is trusted by clinical researchers across the globe and has participated in thousands of trials, including pivotal studies for asthma biologics.4
The NIOX VERO® has excellent repeatability and reproducibility, enabling a successful measurement in a single test.5 The device is packed with unique technology to guarantee an accurate result each time, every time.
NIOX® is the only device in Europe and the United States that is fully compliant with ERS and ATS recommendations for the standardisation of measuring FeNO.6
Designed with the user in mind, NIOX VERO® has everything you need to test FeNO and more, in three simple steps:
Never lose track of your patients’ progress with the built-in identification feature.
With our unique breathing handle, taking a test is as simple as inhaling and exhaling.
Make taking a FeNO measurement simple for patients with our user-friendly animations.
NIOX VERO® is designed to filter out pathogens, including COVID-19, and utilises filters with exceptionally high filtration efficiencies.7
We are proud that no coughing event has ever been reported, adding to the evidence supporting the consideration that FeNO testing is not considered an aerosol-generating procedure.8
Bacterial filtration efficiency
Viral filtration efficiency
Asthma causes the loss of 1,000 lives every single day, with the consequences felt throughout the world.9 We can do better, together.
NIOX VERO® is helping improve patient outcomes in over 50 countries, with its market-leading FeNO testing technology.
Learn more about FeNO testing and how it can help your patients.
In an 8,000-patient study, NIOX® helped show that the true level of inflammation in over 50% of participants had been incorrectly assessed using standard methods. As a result, physicians were able to optimise treatment for 30% of the patients.10
A systematic review published in 2020 included almost 400 patients, of which 90% used NIOX® to test their FeNO levels. The authors showed that FeNO testing can help safely step down ICS dosage.11
Treatment compliance is key to ensuring good patient outcomes. NIOX VERO® was recently used in a study of 200 patients to identify non-adherence to ICS12.
NIOX® devices have been used for many years for FeNO-guided asthma management. In 2013 and 2014, studies using NIOX® devices showed up to a 50% reduction in exacerbations in both adults and children.13,14
More recently in 2018, NIOX® technology helped show that FeNO is a strong predictor of exacerbations, as FeNO levels ≥25 ppb are associated with 2.5x more exacerbations.15
with FeNO-guided asthma management for both adults and children
NIOX® devices have been extensively used to show that FeNO testing is a cost-effective way to improve patient outcomes.
Adding FeNO to the treatment algorithm can considerably reduce costs and improve quality of life when used in combination with current treatment guidelines.
Thousands of healthcare professionals around the world are enjoying the economic and clinical benefits of NIOX VERO®.
Join the thousands of healthcare professionals who have already performed over 40 million FeNO tests with NIOX®, and improve patient outcomes.
1. Menzies-Gow A et al. Clinical utility of fractional exhaled nitric oxide in severe asthma management. Eur Respir J. 2020;55(3):1901633.
2. Dweik RA et al. An official ATS clinical practice guideline: interpretation of exhaled nitric oxide levels (FeNO) for clinical applications. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184(5):602-15.
3. Data on file C-NIOX-0001. Circassia Ltd.
4. Data on file C-NIOX-0004. Circassia Ltd.
5. Alving K et al. Validation of a new portable exhaled nitric oxide analyzer, NIOX VERO®: randomized studies in asthma. Pulm Ther. 2017;3:207-218.
6. Data on file C-NIOX-0010. Circassia Ltd.
7. Data on file C-NIOX-0009. Circassia Ltd.
8. Jackson T et al. Classification of aerosol-generating procedures: a rapid systematic review. BMJ Open Respir Res. 2020;7(1):e000730.
9. Global Asthma Network. The Global Asthma Report. 2018.
10. Hanania NA et al. Measurement of fractional exhaled nitric oxide in real-world clinical practice alters asthma treatment decisions. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2018;120(4):414-418.
11. Wang K et al. Using fractional exhaled nitric oxide to guide step-down treatment decisions in patients with asthma: a systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis. Eur Respir J. 2020;55(5):1902150.
12. Heaney LG et al. Medical Research Council UK Refractory Asthma Stratification Programme (RASP-UK). Remotely monitored therapy and nitric oxide suppression identifies nonadherence in severe asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019;199(4):454-464.
13. Syk J et al. Anti-inflammatory treatment of atopic asthma guided by exhaled nitric oxide: a randomized, controlled trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2013;1(6):639-48.
14. Peirsman EJ et al. Exhaled nitric oxide in childhood allergic asthma management: a randomised controlled trial. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2014 Jul;49(7):624-31.
15. Mansur AH et al. Disconnect of type 2 biomarkers in severe asthma; dominated by FeNO as a predictor of exacerbations and periostin as predictor of reduced lung function. Respir Med. 2018;143:31-38.
ICS: Inhaled Corticosteroids