For US Healthcare Professionals OnlyDistributors
If you find any other practice particularly useful, why not let us know , so we can extend the list and add your suggestions for better asthma management?
FeNO-guided asthma management has been proven to help reduce exacerbations by up to 50% and is recommended by most international guidelines.4-7 Studies have also shown that FeNO testing is a cost-effective way to improve patient outcomes.8-10
The gold standard FeNO device is the NIOX VERO®, which makes testing safe and easy. Results are available at the point-of-care for immediate benefits too: in an 8,000-patient study, NIOX® helped show that the true level of inflammation in over 50% of participants had been incorrectly assessed using standard methods. As a result, physicians were able to optimise treatment for 30% of those patients.11
To see how FeNO fits into your practice, use our quick-check online quote tool to get started right away.
Learn more about the gold standard FeNO device.
1. Royal College of Physicians (RCP). Why asthma still kills: the National Review of Asthma Deaths (NRAD). 2014.
2. https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/asthma/asthma-education-advocacy/asthma-basics. Last accessed July 2022.
3. Heaney LG et al. Eosinophilic and noneosinophilic asthma: an expert consensus framework to characterize phenotypes in a global real-life severe asthma cohort. Chest. 2021;160(3):814-30.
4. Petsky HL et al. Tailoring asthma treatment on eosinophilic markers (exhaled nitric oxide or sputum eosinophils): a systematic review and meta-analysis. Thorax. 2018;73(12):1110-9.
5. Khatri SB et al. An official American Thoracic Society clinical practice guideline: use of fractional exhaled nitric oxide to guide the treatment of asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2021;204(10):e97-e109.
6. Expert Panel Working Group of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) administered and coordinated National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Coordinating Committee (NAEPPCC) et al. 2020 Focused updates to the asthma management guidelines: a report from the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Coordinating Committee Expert Panel Working Group. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020 Dec;146(6):1217-1270.
7. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). NICE guideline. Asthma: diagnosis, monitoring and chronic asthma management. 2017.
8. Sabatelli L, et al. Cost-effectiveness and budget impact of routine use of fractional exhaled nitric oxide monitoring for the management of adult asthma patients in Spain. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 2017; 27(2): 89-97.
9. Arnold RJG, et al. Cost impact of monitoring exhaled nitric oxide in asthma management. Allergy Asthma Proc 2018; 39(5): 338-44.
10. Brooks EA, Massanari M. Cost-effectiveness analysis of monitoring fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) in the management of asthma. Manag Care 2018; Jul 27(7): 42-8.
11. Hanania NA et al. Measurement of fractional exhaled nitric oxide in real-world clinical practice alters asthma treatment decisions. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2018;120(4):414-418.